StrongED Home Page
- Changes in 4.64 -
This page covers the changes that were made between version 4.63 and 4.64 of StrongED.
- Init module fully restructured.
- Removed code that located !StrED_cfg, this is now done by an obeyfile.
- Complete rewrite of code that builds up syntax colouring tree.
- Lots of comments added, in particular to Init, Caret and Search modules.
- Code that builds StrongED's RunImage has been put in a seperate file.
- Inside !StrED_cfg is now a new directory UserPrefs, all the configuration files for
StrongED have been moved to it.
- A new directory Sprites has been created inside Defaults and UserPrefs.
- StrongED's sprites have been moved from Resources to Defaults.Sprites,
this allows them to be overridden by putting new sprites in UserPrefs.Sprites.
- Colour picker problems should now be fixed. As a consequence global keys have been reinstated.
- Comment problem fixed.
- When a modefile from !StrED_cfg is altered it will now be reloaded.
- Saving a LoF no longer throws up an error.
- Clicking on name label in savebox produced an error.
- AS help icon now only updates if pointer is over search window.
- Bounding box for toolbar sprite was not calculated if sprite wasn't found.
- Using LoF in !Dump mode resulted in a crash.
- Fixed bug that prevented autoset caret from working.
- Unknown key combinations were being passed on instead of being claimed.
- New sprites.
- New templates.
- Default position of spell window can now be set.
- Increased buffer size for filename so files with long names can be now loaded.
- Marks are now updated in all views if set by an autosaved file.
- Reinstated \n in advanced search, added necessary code.
- Added hide all, hide changed, hide unchanged and hide view to LoT menu.
- Savebox now accepts things like 'Temp:fred' where Temp is a path variable.
- New modes: ADA, AWK, Lua, Makefile, !StrongHlp, ML.
- Speech support (standard button added to basemode).
- Manuals updated, corrected, and illustrated.
- 'Fold and Unfold' now on 'Base functions' menu so they can now be accessed when the key combination is not available (Clash with ControlAMPlayer).
- More keyboard shortcuts in Save and Search & Replace dialogue.
- Now uses Obey mode for TaskExec and Exec files.
- Process() function extended.
- Help paths updated for modern StrongHelp manuals.